Monday, July 6, 2009

JUMP IN THE POOL!

On Saturday afternoon, our family of three went for a stroll at Markville Shopping Centre. It wouldn't be a typical walk if we didn't visit our favourite Toys R Us to see what was available for Hannah. Nothing along the lines of electronic toys or stuffed animals caught our fancy (plus, our house is running out of room), but as we were heading out, we found it! The perfect toy to welcome the beginning of the summer vacation season...a swimming pool!

Mind you, this was not a giant swimming pool (much like the one we went to on Wednesday at my aunt's house), but a regular perfect-for-the-backyard-and-little-babies one. It cost only $12 and was lightweight and easy to carry. As I stood in line to purchase it, I began to imagine how it would be... babies in the water with their mamas by their side chit-chatting away. The only thing I had to be sure of was the assembly. Toys look fun, but the stress of putting them together can sometimes drive you crazy!

Luckily for me, it is simple enough. Simply unfold the pool and fill it with water. As you hold out the edges, the water pushes against the sides, thereby keeping the pool open and flat. I can't wait to try it out first before inviting Hannah's little playmates over for a quick swim. Although clearly they won't drown, it's still important to remind myself of water safety and young kids (much like in the tub). Never leave the baby's side, a ringing phone can wait, and test the temperature with my elbow.

Hopefully the temperatures will be on the rise soon. My friends, have your bathing suits on hand because the next email could be a pool party!

A VERY SPECIAL HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY HUSBAND, A HIP TEACHER PAPA!




No comments: